Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) (Subclass 187)
The Cairns Chamber of Commerce is a Regional Certifying Body providing Regional Migration Services to members and the general public.
What is Regional Migration Certification?
As a Regional Certifying Body for Queensland, it is our role to assess applications lodged under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) and provide advice to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIABP).
Why the Cairns Chamber?
The Cairns Chamber of Commerce is best positioned to regularly interact with the local business community and be in the know about regional issues and local labour market conditions. As a result, the Cairns Chamber of Commerce was gazetted by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship as a Regional Certifying Body on 5 February 1997.
What are the Criteria?
The Cairns Chamber' Regional Certifying Body (RCB) Migration Coordinator is responsible for assessing nominations to fill a position under the RSMS, against the following criteria:
- There is a genuine need for the nominator to employ a paid employee to work in the position under the nominator's direct control;
- The terms and conditions of employment applicable to the position will be no less favourable than the terms and conditions that are provided to, or would be provided to, an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident for performing work in the person's workplace at the same location; and
- The position can't be filled by an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident who is living in the same local area where the nominated position exists.
What else do I need to know?
All Direct Entry Stream RSMS Applications are required to be assessed by a local Regional Certifying Body as well as being lodged with DIABP.
- For up-to-date information on the RSMS Program requirements, please visit the DIABP Website.
- For visa and migration assistance, please contact a local Migration Agent.
Certification Fees and Terms of Service
RSMS applications will be processed within 10 business days from date of submission providing all required information is included. Upfront payment is required and RSMS applications will not be assessed without receipted payment. Payment may be made via MasterCard, Visa, Cheque or Money order.
- Service - Assessment of RSMS Employer Nominations
- Fee - Members of the Cairns Chamber of Commerce: $522.50 (incl GST) per application
- Fee - Non-Members of the Cairns Chamber of Commerce: $550 (incl GST) per application
When to Seek Advice from a Registered Migration Agent
The Cairns Chamber of Commerce is not a registered Migration Agent, therefore we are not able to provide further immigration advice or services other than RCB Certification. Below are some Migration Agents we would recommend if you would like further assistance. All are highly respected, long-term Cairns businesses that we work with on a regular basis who will be able to provide you with the correct advice and guide you through the migration process.
14B Aplin Street
, 4870 Australia
Level 15 Cairns Corporate Tower
15 Lake Street
, 4870 Australia
07 3135 0600
Migration Plus will provide any Cairns Chamber of Commerce member up to a 30 minute complimentary consultation on any Migration related topics. Please mention that you are a Chamber of Commerce Member when making the appointment.
PO Box 947
, 4870 Australia